Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cadillacs and Camels


 In my mind Scripture presents a dichotomy that I wrestle with. I would really like to find a solid answer for myself. Maybe you can recommend a book for me?

Cadillacs

Proverbs 13:22 "A good person leaves an inheritance for their children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous."

I want to be a good person! I want to leave a financial legacy for my grandchildren. Most children in American spend 90% of their inheritance in 90 days after receiving it. You got to have a lot of "cheddar" to be able to not only leave an inheritance for your children but your grandchildren as well.

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

I want to be pure and faultless in Gods eyes! What do widows and orphans lack? A providing man! For me to look after widows and orphans I need money! 

Read Matthew 25:14-30. Did you see how God dealt with the servant who didn't properly use his finances? The one who didn't generate a profit? Now I am really worried ;-(

Camels

Matthew 19:24 "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." 

I find it hard enough to have the required faith to be in the Kingdom. I throw myself on the work of the Cross. But if wealth makes it nearly impossible or even harder..........why would I want it? 

Luke 9: 58 - Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." 

Acts 3:6 - Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk."

Jesus and the Apostles appeared to be broke and homeless? Shouldn't I want to be like them? 

Is there a dichotomy that truly exist between Creflo Dollars and Mother Teresas? Are both acceptable? A basic look at scriptures like these I sometimes feel "damned if do, damned if I don't"! 
Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment